Serial comm between S7-300 & Labview

tmbotne

I want to transfer process-data between a Siemens S7 and a Pc with Labview. I also would like to transfer new parametres from LabView to PLC.
Is i possible to transfer data in both directions via RS232-port?
I am new on Siemens, but I know A-B.

Do you have any suggestions, or are there any examples on the net, how to do this, maybe for both ends (PLC and LabView)?

Thanx!

It is possible to exchange data between an S7-300/400 PLC and a PC. RS232 is capable of two-way communication. But beware: the programming interface of an S7-300/400 PLC is NOT RS232, it's RS485 with a propriarty protocol named MPI (Multi Point Interface) from Siemens.

There are two ways around this:

- the hardware solution

For this solution you need a communication processor from Siemens, e.g. the CP340 (6ES7340-1AH01-0AE0) or the CP341 (6ES7341-1AH00-0AE0). Check the Siemens website for more info.

- the software solution

For this one you need a DDE or OPC server. Luckily some firms allow you to download a demo, so you can test their software first. For these solutions you need the programming cable from Siemens, which contains both the RS232/485 converter as well as the protocol conversion. Try some of these:
Kind regards and good luck,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere
Trainer PLC - SCADA
VDAB Bruges
Belgium

You can put a acard from APPLICOM and talk by OPC protocole for example . APPLICOM is a french conceptor of cards with many protocols ..

First question:
How many variables are you going to monitor/force ?
Up to 10-20 ? = > Ok you can use any OPC and Labview with DataSocked technology (physical layer is not so important - it may be MPI or Profibus, etc, I don't suggest Serial, its the worst solution and inconvenient)
If the amount of variables is over 20 i suggest to use Profibus (have to buy Profibus card to PC) or Ethernet (have to buy Ethernet communication processor for Simatic S7) phisical connection.
And Labview DSC (Datalogging and Supervisory Control module) is required with IA communication drivers for Simatic S7.
Romek.

S7 300 PLC/ APPLICON CARD for SCADA configuration

Hi!

I have to comunicate via PROFIBUS with S7 protocol or DP, the applicom card PC1500PFB and PLC siemens S7 CPU313C-2DP.

The cable that i have is a PROFIBUS with siemens connector at both ends.

I am not sure if this is the correct way to connect them.

I don't know if i have to plug the siemens connector in the applicom card or needs only a DB9 simple connector.

The two stations are well configurated because, in the software of the applicom card the PCINIT is launched well (the bar goes all trought) when the two stations are connected with the cable.

However, when i make the readwait text, it doesn't work, the estatus menssage number is 65 that means; bad wire and bad configurations of the remote stations, but i think all configurations are ok because i've followed the steps of an applicom's manual.

So, which is the suitable way to connect the card and the PLC?

The program that i am going to use for the SCADA system is LabView. I also have some doubts about it.

Can i use S7 protocol or DP with LabView 6.i? or i have to use OPC server?

I'd be greatly grateful for some tips.

Thank you in advance.

Andoni.

Dear rumcajs,

why do you want to use DSC if it is more than 20 variable, any technical reason?

Is Datasocket not a good way to get values in Labview via OPC ?

LabVIEW isn't really set up for SCADA. It's mainly for working with test equipment/DAQ hardware, though it can work with NI's own controller lines very well. NI offers another product called Lookout that is marketed as their HMI/SCADA package, with drivers to connect to many major brands of controllers, including Siemens S7.

I tested Labview with Kepware OPC it was quiet working
I am not sure if it is a good solution but may be you can uograde your connections to ethernet install an OPC then connect Labview to the OPC.

How to connect Applicom OPC server from Server Explorer?

Hi!

Thank you for yours replies.

My current situation now is the next:

I have LabView DSC Module, PC1500PFB PCboard and Applicom OPC server.1 .

My problem is when i want to connect Applicom OPC server.1 from Server Explorer, i do it, but at the end of the configuration after click OK, an error appears and the items are not well installed, i think. The item features Value, Timestamp and Quality are displayed with "???" since the first item CARD1. What does it means? Don't the items i want exist?.
I don't know what happen. I'd be so grateful for some help.

Thanks. :)

Connect labview With S7 e200s

l want to connect and controle PLc siemens e200s with labview may be with serial port RS 232
i need help for protocole of connection
help me please