Mitsu F2 60 & Expansion

elevmike

Which side of the F2 CPU (main plc) does the expansion unit go on?

I'm setting up a job to replace the ol' PLC, and I want to conifgure the I/O so as to make it easer for the tech.

The orig unit is a F2-60MR-UA1 & F2-20-ERUA1. I'm not sure if the expansion base is on the left or right of the CPU base.

Thanks...

The connections are by ribbon cables from the RHS of the MR to the RHS of the ER. This is ok if the two units are mounted one above the other but could be messy if they are mounted side by side. PLC design has come a long way since these units were made.

Bummer, I thought it might be a left hand to right hand kind of situation.

I just email the owner to send me a photo of the panel. Hopefully they are side by side, because I'm using a AD DL205 and all the neccssary I/O will fit into one base.

Thanks for the info..