Posmo A Position via Analog signal

Peterww

I have a 315-2dp with a analog module sm331 who gets a 600 ohm signal in. i need to position a Posmo A drive. i have used the FB10 POS_CONTROL_POSMO_A but i cant get the Posmo to move, sending my Analog REAL signal in on MDI_Position. Anyone got an ideer.

Posmo.JPG

First, I'm not familiar with the device... but it appears that you aren't either.

So...

It doesn't move...

I assume that "MDI_Position" is the Target Position... or would that be the Initial Position?
What value do you have in "MDI_Position := MD10"?

What value do you have in your "Current_Position" register?
Can you access that?

If not, could it be that being at the target position is indicated in your "Status_Word := "... which is not defined.

How do you know when, and if, you are at the Target Position?

I find it curious that I_O_Adress := 256 is mis-spelled... "I_O_Address".
Is the drive actually specified, in the drive, as 256?

What is the purpose of "Start_Byte := MB3"?

I see one problem-
MD10 position setpoint is being overwritten by your bits M10.0 thru M10.3.

Also- Keep your intialization bit ON, this sets the control word.
When using this position block- the START input must be toggled to start the next MDI move.

Keep bits I0.5 and I0.6 bits ON too. This is coast stop and quick stop.

Does the POSMO run from Simocom A??

Late night programming...

thank you for your reply. Yes i am not familiar with this device.
the overwritten part. bits M10.0 to M10.3 late night programming... :)
yes the POSMO runs from the Simocom A
I have no problem Jogging the divice. by togling the bits from the CPU(315) but sending a setpoint gives me troble. I have configured the Posmo in the Simocom A.
the start input? is that the "START" Bit(I0.4)or the "START_BYTE" for i am not sure what the "START_BYTE" needs for a command..? according to the manual "Bit combination, whitch is transferrred to the drive as additional start condition"