Simatic S5 Comunication problem

Chandrashekar

Iam new in simenes s5 program,i need some help from you people
I INSTALL THE S5 V7.23 SOFTWARE ON MY LAPTOP COMPAQ Presario.but there is no serial port in this laptoP, There is 2 USB Ports are there,i have interface cable S5 PLC to PC 6ES5 734-1BD20, how i can use this cable to download the plc program from plc S5-90U to my PC

Hello,

I think you need an USB to RS232 converter. Do a search on this site this question has already has been asked nummeros times.

Rudi

S5 comunication problem

I Purchased One Mini Usb Dock And Connected With My Laptop To Plc S5 95u Plc.when I Try To Conect Online Diplay Is Showing:plc In Cycle-stack Output Stopped
Please Help Me To Fix The Problem

The PLC interface uses a 20mA current loop, so you need a converter from RS232 to 20mA current loop as well.

This has been dealt with in several other threads.

Kind regards,

Here gomes general insruction for Simatic S5-world
TTY (Current Loop) connections and principles.

TTY_S5.jpg