communications card

What model number does the plc have? what model number is on the comm card? Is it a plc you are working with?

markk. said:
lets say an RS232 card and an RS485 card.

Mark, your question is way to vague. There's endless posabilities. It's like calling an auto repair shop and just telling them your car is broke and then asking them what's wrong with it.

Just today a guy called me and asked me what's wrong with his elevator. (not our customer). He wanted an over the phone quote on repairs and couldnt provide ANY other information other then it's not working and it's an elevator....

Evidently this com card must have DB-9 plugs not a 2 wire terminal strip.

Besides this "CARD", what else will be on this network??

Last I checked if you have RS-232 on one end, RS-485 on the other, they will not communicate with any accuracy.

markk. said:
does anyone know the answer to this, how would you wire a communications card?

Usually the SEND pin on one card goes to the RECEIVE pin on the other and there are Common pins that are ... common.

Thats a start!