Connecting non-Siemens HMI device to S7

Gusmo

Which non-Siemens HMI device (Operator Panel or Touch Panel), can be connected via DP or MPI to a S7 PLC and has a software configuration package, which can access an S7 Project in Step7 and offers a function for creating tags by selecting variables from the S7 Project.

Parker claims to have both MPI and DP functionality with S7.

Esa is a little confusing about the supported functionality with S7. Both MPI and DP are mentioned but not at the same place.

I am sure there are more. I found the two above with google.

Yo Gusmo,

I've been programming touch panels Pro-Face GP2600's, each linked over DP to a S7-315-2DP, for over 2 years now. No linking problems whatsoever.

The programming tool is ProPB3 v6.22. However, there's no integration tool for Step7 (yet?).

Just think of it as an option. http://www.pro-face.com/select.htm