Web enable Ethernet counter

cesar2112

I have a AB 1500 and I need to run a counter that can be displayed through a IP address that can run off a counter to input to be able to see the amount of production reading off a photo sensor. I have install a 1761-net-eniw and it is working I can access the ladder through RXLinx and see the program through the eithernet connection. what I need now is to be able to display and reset a counter through any computer using an ip address

If it's just one or two points try the trial (free) version of WebDock . It works through an opc server, like rslinx, and has a webserver.

Thomas

Cesar,

3/4 posts on this board you have made have been on the same subject.

After 3 seperate threads, I don't think anyone is going to give you a program that operates to your loose specifications.

If I were you, I would RTFM (read the friendly manual) & do your best to UTFM (understand the friendly manual). After doing so, ask about specific points that you are unclear on.

The people here are more then willing to help you, but I don't believe anyone here will be willing to do it for you.

Red Lion Controls

I have purchase in the past the Red Lion Counter PAXI0000 counter and PAXCDC10 net connection board and I also bought PAXCDC20 rs232 board and used crimson 2.0 software, Guess what you can only change configuration and set a print to a printer and not view the actual readout through the web or eithernet

I understand that the PAX will not provide remote access. That is why I suggested the Data Station. It will communicate to your existing PLC, as well as provide a web server for remote monitoring and control.

Regards,

Last edited:
CroCop said:
Cesar,

3/4 posts on this board you have made have been on the same subject.

After 3 seperate threads, I don't think anyone is going to give you a program that operates to your loose specifications.

If I were you, I would RTFM (read the friendly manual) & do your best to UTFM (understand the friendly manual). After doing so, ask about specific points that you are unclear on.

The people here are more then willing to help you, but I don't believe anyone here will be willing to do it for you.
I agree. You have a 1761-NET-ENIW. I know you can read with it over the web and I thought you could write with it over the web but could be wrong. Do you not like the looks of the web interface? Am I still missing the question?

Well this is how I go it work.

I created a bit through a through beam sensor.
created a rung with a n/o switch off the sensor to a counter.
created a mov to move the C5:0.acc to N50:0 that is trigered by the same n/o switch.
created a msg 500cpu write to broadcast the data table N50:0 to N50:00 local node 201 octal 312.
Then i went to the ip address on internet explorer and there was the value of my counter on data page 2.
AND YES I DID NOT NEED ANOTHER REDLION, Not because I don't like the product, but because I was told that they invested in the eithernet ip device and use it.

cesar2112, If you will contact me at [email protected] I will give you a free 20 tag version of DataPort for you to evaluate and keep. I think you will find that it will simply most of your task and provide an easy to use data collection interface.