Testing device

BoSChoW

Hi, everyone
How can i program a PLC that the user will be able to select the inputs and the outputs at his own will, and that the program will stay in the memmory after the user swiches off the device?

Every suggestion is aprisheated[size=-1]![/size]
Thanks for your support.

BoSChoW said:
Hi, everyone
How can i program a PLC that the user will be able to select the inputs and the outputs at his own will, and that the program will stay in the memmory after the user swiches off the device?

First of all, I am a little confused by the first part of the question. Do you want the user to be able to decide which input or output is connected to which field device? This is not possible, since wiring decitates the connection between the field device and the PLC. If on the other hand, you want the action of different switches to activate different devices or different sequences, then you are describing exactly what a PLC is designed to do.

All PLCs have some way of retaining program logic and settings through extended power loss - menaing for weeks or months at a mimimum. The details of technique and duration vary with the manufacturer.

I suggest you go throught the tutorial on this site, and perhaps buy the book, and that will give you a little more background on the capabilities. Then you can ask a more detailed question and get more detailed help.

I use SIEMENS 313C, and the program SIMATIC STEP 7. I want to make a test program, so that can i can select through the display witch inputs and outputs the device is connected to and test its functions with the remote console. On this console will be 4 bottons START, STOP, AUTOMATIC and MANUAL. I talked to some people and they said that this is possible, but i want to be shore!

BoSChoW

It would be possible, you would need to address your outputs in such a way, that by using bit ***** and or math functions, you could control what your variables would be, you would need to have either a separate logic for each variable our you would have to have a + and – that you would control from your HMI. Some way to change you wants, even a series of buttons would work.
Depending on how talented (and your deadline) you are this could be a very fun project.

It looks like you want to only control 4 inputs, how many outputs?, this would give you an idea of how large the project would be.

It may even be easier then that, if you use more then the just 4 inputs,

That being said I will not be much help with the S7 commands (im still in the learning stage) but there are plenty of people here that can.

In an organization the mechanic will compose a mass production unit with for example 4 devices. With this testing program the mechanic will connect the inputs and outputs of an device, will select the inputs and outputs on the display and then will test the device by pressing the buttons on the remote console.

Well my PLC has 16 inputs and 16 outputs. I am programing in SCL language, so i was thinking to use the CASE statement. I am useing the SIEMENS display OP7, and i dont know in which way i should display the inputs and outputs and how to make them selectable. Of course there is a major problem with addresing.

same problem

hey i also having the same problem with my project...maybe we can work together on this one...

In my case, I am using panasonic afpx-60r that has 32 inputs and 28 output's ....

Sure, we can work together on this one. Are you also useing an output? My PLC is SIEMENS 313C, and the display is OP7. Do you have an msn or skypee?

ok

BoSChoW said:
Sure, we can work together on this one. Are you also useing an output? My PLC is SIEMENS 313C, and the display is OP7. Do you have an msn or skypee?

yep...my msn add is [email protected]. I am on msn around 8 or 9 pm (local time). My time is +8 hrs of GMT time for your info.

My PLC is Nais Panasonic C60-R and the display is Panasonic GT 30.