Studio 5000 & Factory Talk Testing (off site)

quietman187

Hello all, looking for ideas on getting some basic training done, I need to practice on maintenance timers and bypass switches (with a Factory Talk client I can actually test). I work rotational and cannot practice too often on a live plant.

Does anyone have a VM for rent with a Rockwell license? Or Studio 5K emulate? open to ideas.

You can download and old version(RS5000) , It'll work for up to 7 days with no license.
I got a training manual for FTView ME if you need it. send me a PM with your email.

If you can take it into the plant once a week and connect it to a license server for long enough to activate, it'll reset your 7 day grace period. May or may not be possible depending on how security conscious your site is, but if it's just for the purposes of getting yourself up to speed and a bit of homework, it may be an option

If you can take it into the plant once a week and connect it to a license server for long enough to activate, it'll reset your 7 day grace period. May or may not be possible depending on how security conscious your site is, but if it's just for the purposes of getting yourself up to speed and a bit of homework, it may be an option

Ahhh, I didn't know this! I will def give it a try, our security is lax. Thanks mate.

I work rotational and cannot practice too often on a live plant.

Save yourself some grief and don't touch a running plant for practicing. If you have about 99% of certainty of what you're doing and it's required for production, then go for it. Otherwise, don't risk it.

Does anyone have a VM for rent with a Rockwell license? Or Studio 5K emulate? open to ideas.

Do you have the installation files? Creating a VM isn't that complex, the issue is always the installation files for the Rockwell software.