PLC programming formal qualification??

oreleon

Hello to all,
Just wondering if anyone knows of an industry recognised PLC qualification(North American) that can sit next to my electricians qualifications on my resume, to give me the edge in the job market.
Nothing too heavy like a degree, but something which demonstrates a reasonable understanding of installation, programming and troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance,

John Crowley

P.S. I have searched forum and google, couldn't find anything on forum and can't believe everything on the net.

Most anytime you take a course sponsored by a manufacture, you'll get some type of document attesting to the fact that you've successfuly compleated the course.

Mike: "Most anytime you take a course sponsored by a manufacture, you'll get some type of document attesting to the fact that you've successfuly compleated the course."
(which means it is worthless)
The certificate in question from Rockwell is not that easy to get. What the discussion is about is an actual exam, a bit like the Microsoft Certified Engineer" status of which I am sure is not given away just by attending a course.
There is a sample exam (only 30 questions) at the link posted in a previous post. The questions are all AB specific so you will be at a disadvantage due to your preference for AD gear, but give it a go and come in from the dark side.
Regards Alan Case

Alan Case said:
Mike: "Most anytime you take a course sponsored by a manufacture, you'll get some type of document attesting to the fact that you've successfuly compleated the course."
(which means it is worthless)
The certificate in question from Rockwell is not that easy to get. What the discussion is about is an actual exam, a bit like the Microsoft Certified Engineer" status of which I am sure is not given away just by attending a course.
There is a sample exam (only 30 questions) at the link posted in a previous post. The questions are all AB specific so you will be at a disadvantage due to your preference for AD gear, but give it a go and come in from the dark side.
Regards Alan Case

I use Rockwell stuff quite a bit, so factor that into my score.
I passed the Controller test with ease, not too much on there that I haven't used lately.
The networking killed me. I got under 60%.
Looks like I've got some reading & learning to do......

Hi CroCop. It is interesting test to take. I havent tried the network one yet. Passed the controller test, no probs with the control logix but found I was weak on the PLC5 remote IO sections.
Regards Alan Case

Same here.
I used the PLC5 once in a lab in school, and afer that have used the SLC & CLX lines.
Hear good stuff bout the PLC5, however.