Controlling a PLC using a mobile phone

georgewelsh

Hello all,

I've just been tasked with finding out if I can design a system whereby a mobile phone controls parts of a Water Treatment Works via the PLC. I'm pretty new to PLC's although I can do basic programming on the siemens logo. Can this be done, and if so, what kit would I need to make it work.

Many thanks in anticipation

George

I haven't done it myself, but I have seen it in a demo and it works pretty good. You can set the PLC up to respond to several SMS messages to do whatever control you need.

RGB said:
I haven't done it myself, but I have seen it in a demo and it works pretty good. You can set the PLC up to respond to several SMS messages to do whatever control you need.

Hi,

Does AB has something like this?