Modbus Cable Specifications

jose7771

HELLO FRIENDS,

I AM TRYING TO PROCURE A CABLE WHICH WILL BE INTERFACED
TO MY PLC WITH A DCS ( HONEYWELL), THE PLC BEING USED IS GE FANUC (IC6958 CPU 310) THROUGH RS 485 PORT ,15 PIN ,BOTH DCS AND PLC WILL BE LOCATED IN THE SAME CONTROL ROOM ,DISTANCE BETWEEN THEM IS HARDLY 10m

HOWEVER I AM NOT ABLE TO FIND OUT WHAT SORT OF CABLE,(SPECIFICATIONS) TO PROCURE

REGARDS

JOSE

1) You need to dig through the Honeywell documentation to discover

- which serial port will be used
- whether it is RS-232 or RS-485
- what it's pin out wiring is.
- if it is RS-485 whether it is 2 wire half duplex or 4 wire full duplex

You also have to determine whether the Fanuc RS-485 port is 2 wire, half duplex or 4 wire full duplex.

Once you have that sort of information, then it's possible to figure out what cabling/wiring is necessary.

2) RS-232/485 is a hardware standard, and says nothing about the protocol or control language used to communicate data.

Is the Honeywell a Modbus master and the Fanuc a Modbus slave, or vice versa? Or are you using some other protocol?

Dan