New machine

Brien100

I have a program that should not be working properly.. There is an input that is programmed NC that is not unsealing a rung ...I am positive that the input is coming on because it is used elsewhere.. is it possible that the rung is resealing itself ?, or maybe a scan time issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

best way: if you have winzip available, zip the .RSS file ... then see picture below ...

if you don't have winzip, rename the .RSS file to .ZIP and then see picture below ...

note: the forum won't let you post .RSS-named files ... .ZIP files are ok ...

files.JPG

Want me to send it to you

I'm only going to be online for a few more minutes ... post it and someone else will be able to help ... be sure to tell us which rung is giving you trouble ...

Problem

See, look at ladder 6 (fault file), b3:0/10 must not turning off from an input condition, because if it did, then b3:6/11 would set each cycle hence...fault...but the plc is seeing the input because it sets other rungs true..

Brien100,

It may just be me....but the ZIP won't open, can you try again?

Edit: Don't zip it, save it then change the file name, .zip

Last edited:
Couple of questions

Is this a start up? or has the program been working?

Is b3:4/11 going hi?

Can you up load the program with the fault condition?, or error
When the program stops up load the program or is the ZIP copy of that image?

See, look at ladder 6 (fault file), b3:0/10 must not turning off from an input condition, because if it did, then b3:6/11 would set each cycle hence...fault...but the plc is seeing the input because it sets other rungs true..

Is this is what is actually happening? You have monitored b3:0/10, and it is not going hi, so the falkut rung is latching? I think you need to work back and see why B3:4/11 is going hi.

From the 2 minutes that I have just spent, it looks like the output is staying on for more than the time allowed.

You might also want to check b3:4/9.

The program looks good from what I can see..

B3;6 and B3;7 (your faults) are low also B3;0/3 and /2

is it possible that the rung is resealing itself ?, or maybe a scan time issue?
Yes but not scan time, it may be the scan itself is relatching, but doubtful, if its not a new program.

Do you suspect any input that may be giving you the trouble, either start PB?,

Pull up b3: make the screen big enough and look at the bit listed above when make a note of the one that is set to HIGH

Brien100 said:

B3;6/11 does nothing becaues B3;6/8 does nothing...unless you have somthing reading these bit and it's just not labled, is there a HMI or other com?...or are you just using these for trouble shooting?

I think we need more info