Allen Bradley SLC-500

hogindaus

Hello all, I am also building a alarm system with the Allen Bradley SLC 500.I have got my function list and have started my programming I have got as far as setting up my switches with a 10 second delay. I am having trouble though with setting up the security code I was thinking of entering 123 to alarm the system but I found that to be difficult. So I decided to go basic and just get the system built and maybe add that later. What I would like to do is just push 3 for 5 seconds to arm the system and disarm but I am having troubles with the right kind of circuitry. Please if able send me some basic ladder logic diagrams for alarm systems to assist me. Below is my functions list thank you. [email protected]

What I am going to do in the PLC program is define a switch as HOME and a switch as AWAY...then have other switches which will act as motion detectors or door contacts. .

Lets use this for demonstration purposes:

Home Switch = SwHome
Away Switch = SwAway

Motion Detector 1 = SwM1
Motion Detector 2 = SwM2
Door Contact 1 = SwD3
Door Contact 2 = SwD4
Output 5 = AlaemOut

Status of SwM1 and SwM2 should be ignored when SwHome is TRUE but change of state on SwD1 and SwD2 should make AlarmOut TRUE.

When SwAway is TRUE change of state on SwD1 will start a 10 second delay before AlarmOut becomes true. Also when SwAway is TRUE change of state on SwM1, SwM2, SwD2 will instantly make AlarmOut TRUE.

Heres a clue

Use your arm button to initiate a 5 second timer

When the timer is done latch a bit (call it ARMED)to activate the armed circuit!

The alarm

Typically when setting an alarm in the "alarm set" mode the alarm system will allow a short delay for the person setting the alarm to exit the protected area. During that time a pre-alarm alert (sonalert) may sound and an "armed" indicator light (LED) will flash indicating that the alarm is about to be set. After the exit delay has expired the pre-alarm sound will halt and the "armed" indicator light will change from a flashing state to a steady state. The five-second delay suggested on the previous post might be a bit too short. Typically delays of up to one minute are provided for exit delays with entry delays set much shorter. The pre-alarm alert sounds immediately on entry of a protected area to remind you to disarm the alarm system.

In the "away" state the interior motion sensors change from instantaneous alarm on sense of motion to delay on sense of motion when a specific entry/exit doorway is opened. If an intruder doesn't follow the prescribed entry path into the building he does not get any time delay with the motion sensors. The alarm trips immediately.

In the "Home" state interior motion sensors are locked in a delay on motion sense state or switched out of the alarm system circuit completely.

Most communities require that alarm bells/sounders shut themselves off after ten minutes. At that time the alarm system might re-arm itself after an initial alarm violation condition has occured. When an alarm system re-arms itself it might change the delay times of various interior motion sensors. This is especially important if a perimeter alarm sensor such as a door or window switch contact remains violated state.

On some more complex systems, the person setting the alarm might be required to walk a very specific path through multiple motion sensors at very specific times in order for the alarm system to set itself up properly.

It can become quite complex with many different variable time delays.

I hope that helps.

hogindaus said:

You asked

hogindaus said:
What I would like to do is just push 3 for 5 seconds to arm the system and disarm but I am having troubles with the right kind of circuitry. Please if able send me some basic ladder logic diagrams for alarm systems to assist me

I read this as button "3" would be pressed for 5 seconds to arm and also used to disarm ?