Analog outputs?

al_d

Hello. I am new to Siemens PLC's and are using a Siemens S7 300 CPU314C-2DP plc, and would like to know how to output an analog referance signal from -+10V to a VSD. The output adresses on the analog card are PQW 752 and PQW 754.
Can this be done in LAD?

You are using the "Built-in" outputs. They come preconfigured +-10VDC. The easiest way to test the outputs is to "MOVE" a value of 0 to 27648 to PQW752 which should be exactly - 10 to + 10. If you want to scale the analog out, you can use FC106 UNSCALE from the TI_Converting library. Put 100.0 on the Hi_Limit and 0.0 on the Lo_Limit. Put a MD (REAL) on the IN and PQW752 on the OUT. From a VAT you would be able to put the MD (REAL value) value between 0.0 & 100.0 and the output should go - 10 to + 10

I think RRobbins has given you a good answer.
However, over the last three years or so, I have only ever used Profibus to load the speed (and other) information directly into the VSD. Since you are using a DP equipped PLC, you may find this an option.
I have worked on a 314C-2DP only once (I generally use either the 315 or 414), but using DP we could control 6 servo drives, directly writing position and speed information to the drive, and receiving diagnostic information along with position and current feedback.
Of course, if you need no more than two VSDs, the direct analog output method is much cheaper, and often easier to diagnose for the average sparkie.