PanelView Cranky...

bluenoser337

Trying to assign F9 on all screens on my PanelView 550 (keypad only) terminal to write a "1" to the same PLC address. I keep getting error 3007, telling me that the write tag is being used more than once. I know I have done this before with no trouble. What could I be missing?

Are you only writing to this address with F9 (on multiple screens), or do you have something else associated with that tag? If you have multiple objects of different types/functions addressed to the same address, it may not pass the compiler. If it is just multiple instances of the F9 key, did you copy from one screen and paste to another? I've seen instances where PB32 didn't like that, if a subsequent behavior or addressing change was made to one of the "copies". You may have to delete F9 from your screens and re-create it again.

mgvol...it think you've got it. It's one of those things that PB32 lets you do, then craps on you later for doing it...copying and pasting global objects. Tag is only used for the F9 key on all screens as an alarm reset to the PLC. Removed them all...made the first one global, then selected from the global list for all the other screens...and now all is well. Thanks!!!!

Another way to tell, is to look at the object ID numbers. (I think they appear as pop-up information when you pass the mouse pointer over the object).

A global object should show the same object ID (and text IDs if it has text) on all the screens. A copied/pasted one will be assigned new values and create new entries in the text lists, and object lists.