New to ProWORX32. Having trouble printing ladder (networks).

Sliver

If you have followed my previous posts concerning being stuck with MODSOFT, I have finally been given the opportunity to install Proworks32 ver.2.0. Now I cannot figure out how to change the Network or ladder diagram reporting scale down so that I can fit the entire 11 columns and 7 rows on the page. It cuts the columns at 9 and the rows at 6. I have tried every trick I know and thought I found the answer in the
'Report Setup' screen
I check the 'Report Options' box
I check the 'Report Sections' box
I click on the 'Font..' button next to it and mess with the font size trying to get it much smaller than the 12 or 14 point size it appears to be.
I check the 'Customize Page Format' box
I click on the 'save settings' button
and then 'Print Preview' and cannot change the ladder font.
Always the same, too big to fit all the info on one page.
The thing that bugs me most it allows me to change the graphics on the page no problem. (left page header, right page header)

I tried printing landscape and no good.

I don't think its my printer if I can't get a print preview to work properly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

thanks,
Brian.

I have never been able to get the printer to work properly in Proworx. I print to a PDF printer, then print the PDF file. The software has so many really good ideas incorporated - the layout and tools are excellent, unfortunately, the code implementation sucks big time.

I do the same as Alaric - print from the ProWorx to a pdf writer and use the pdf program to print the ladder.

I use PDF995. Google it. Its a free PDF printer. Also run a forum search for threads on PDF printers, there have been a couple on the topic. PDF995 is not entirely free, you have to tolerate an ad pop-up everytime you use it - but it comes with lots of good tools.

You need the licensed version of acrobat to write pdf files using acrobat. I use a freeware program called PrimoPDF, there are other freeware pdf writers also. Do a google search for PrimoPDF and it should take you to the download site.

Ok, I downloaded PrimoPDF and was successful in creating my first PDF!

Problem is that the information is still out of scale.

I convinced a plant guru/geek to give me a hand.

He thinks that there has to be a setting int the ProWORX32 software to adjust the ladder fonts down to get it all on one page so that I can see it in a Print Preview, otherwise PDF or no PDF is going to help.
To prove his point we tried to print to 11 by 17 paper landscape and even though there was lots of room around the ladder it truncated the network as before.
I guess I will have to brave tech support.
If I can't get a good looking report, they'll bring out MODSOFT again!!! NO!!!!!!!!

thanks,
Brian.

Go under file/Print Setup and there is a button at the bottom of the pop up screen labeled Font Setup. That is where you adjust the font size.

the following pics show the steps I use as described in post 1 to try to change the fonts. I had to change to B&W to save space.
Maybe my version Proworx32 ver2.0 patchB has a new bug. :confused:

You are using a newer version of the software than me, we have PworxNxT. The font we use is Andale Mono LineDraw size 6, don't know why as I am using what was being used when I got here, but it makes a nice printout using our software.

I had a similar problem. Schneider Support gave me a tip that worked for me.
Go to your computer desktop.
Right-click, select Properties.
Select Settings/ Advanced.
Change DPI setting from Large to Normal.