How to use the same alarm summary with varying filters

briana banks

Hi All

Can i use the same display with alarm summary object in it
and display it with different filters at run time?

and another question...

why cant i use place holder as argument to display command?

i.e. If i write 'Display #1' in a push button and in the parameter file i wrote: #1= menu_bar,
the command fails with "can not find object" message.

Thanks

You can use wild cards on the tags such as "*" and "?". You will want to make sure your tags are well organized into "folders" and have a naming format. There is limited capability with the alarm object. In the filter list place #1, #2, #3 for the various filters and then call the screen using command line parameter passing. We have done it successfully with a large system using 4 server pairs, 100,000 tags and 10,000 alarms.

Hi

If i have lets say 2 different sections controlled by the same
plc.I want to divide the arriving "system\AlarmMostRecent..."
into 2 groups. each group has a display with a string display
in it associated with "system\AlarmMostRecentTagDesc"

How can i show the alarms from both groups arriving nearly simultaneously ?

Thanks