OT: Security camera for elec. classified area

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi folks,

I need to place a security camera in a Class I, Div. II, Groups C & D area. I suspect I will be purchasing a standard camera and placing it in a rated enclosure. A quick search on google did not turn up any rated enclosures, so I'm hoping someone on the forum has done something like this already, and can point me to a website or vendor.

Thanks

Ken

$8k for the Almex, $18K for the Honeywell ...

If you don't need it all that fancy, the Bebco purge and/or the Killark XP encl. should be less than $4k total.

Could always use a regular video camera in a nema 3r raintight enclosure and use either a barrier device on the power side or air purge the nema 3r enclosure, if you use a air purge box make sure you use dry air(dehy).