copy/paste of Japanese fonts from VBA Editor to Word Document is Disabled,

seesas

Hi there,

Am working with an VBA source code, in which .. some message is to be displayed in the MsgBox ... the message is in Japanese Font MS Gothic,

Am able to copy and paste the message from within the VBA Editor's one module page to another, also from one excel sheet to another,

but as for my requriement .. when i tried copying the message which is in the japanese font MS Gothic and tried pasting it .. in MSWord .. or any other text Editor... or anywhere else outside MSExcel and VBA Editor, am not able to do this..

Please, if anyone knows, reply me what could be the problem and how could it be resolved??

Timely and useful reply is highly appreciated,

-thanks in advance,:)
Laxman....

Hi there,

I also tried the vice-versa, that .. tried to paste some message in Japanese Font MS Gothic(copied from MS Word Document) .. into .. the VB Editor... but the message is displayed as " ??????????? " means like it is not supported inside VBA Editor....

Anyone who knows to fix this issue please reply me ..... ASAP....

-thanks in advance...
laxman....

it seems like typical 'unicode' problem... not every application can support same native windows codepages... especially japanese and chinese charsets... i think you may not be able to copy text using standart clipboard... without convertor... unless both applications will work with same code page... maybe switching whole OS into japanese can help...

Hi ...

thanks for the timely reply,
am accepting with ur viewpoints... as in one system in which the OS is completely japanese based as u said.. there it was working,

but i also tried with some other system, where .. .. the OS is not japanese based .. but in that system am able to do it.

so, now tell me .. what could be the problem??

-waiting for ur reply,
laxman..

well... maybe you can find differences between those systems yourself... i can only guess... system support from here may be difficult because of OS localization... every pc i have... is installed in Czech language

try following of you have XP os: in Control Panels... there is something like 'Local Settings' and in the Third tab, there is something like 'Install files for complex charsets including thai' and under 'install charset for eastern Asia'

btw... "thanks for the timely reply", ? this is different timezone, we all need a little patience :)