S7 SCL timer

CharlesM

Ok I just got my S7 Pro upgrade. I want to read information into an array every 10ms. I have the for loop working but I cant figure out how to add the timer in SCL. Should I try to use a timer or just look at the system clock?

Why not call your block every 10ms from one of the timed interrupt OB's.
I normally use a 317 CPU and set OB35 to run every 10ms and then call all my 10ms routines from there.

Ok if OB35 is called every 10ms and I have a loop running in OB35 does that mean it will run the entire loop every 10ms or just one pass through the loop every 10ms?

What ever you have coded will run when called from OB35. The execution of the code is no different to calling it from OB1. (except of course that if you reference process image data it will only be updated by the normal processing at the start/end of OB1)

Ok, I may be able to do that. I would have to setup a count that would index each time it scanned. What I was thinking was to put a 10ms delay inside of my for next loop.

The real problem I have is I am reading data from the Robot. When I give it the command to send me the data it takes 10ms to respond. So I want to send a command, wait 10ms, read data into array, increase count, send next command.....