Why trendx (RSView32) cant accept place holders?

briana banks

Hi All

If i use a place holder as a pen for the trendx control
it rejects it.why ?

It happens only with RSView 32. RSView SE's trend works fine.

thanks

I don't know about Trendx, but in the RSView32 Trend Pen Configuration program, I was able to insert a tag placeholder (# followed by a number) with no problems, as shown below.

Trend_Tag_Substituion.jpg

I have another question about this topic. In the other tab (Trend configuration) I need to tell which Model the trend has to get its data from. How do I do that if my trend is on a faceplate and I want to be able to use different models depending on which pump I have selected?

Thanks

I think you would have to write a Visual Basic routine to set the placeholder tags equal to the differnt pump model tags. Then you use your selector switch that picks the pumpto you call the routine and substitute the proper tags in the trend.