RSView32 TrendX Time Start

69FIREBIRD

Hi, I have Trends that use the datalog to display historical & current data (I’m displaying building loads), I have the scroll function ticked but would like the trend to display from 00:00hrs to 23:59hrs (i.e. 1 day/24hrs) rather than from the time I open the trend back 1 day/24hrs.

I think the fix is something to do with running a VB script when the trend is opened to set the start time to 00:00hrs.

The main reason I want to do this is that you get a consistent look to the trend and it makes it easier on the eye to get a feel for the building load relative to time/staff arrivals/lunchtime/staff departure etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks in advance. :)

I have the scroll function ticked but would like the trend to display from 00:00hrs to 23:59hrs (i.e. 1 day/24hrs) rather than from the time I open the trend back 1 day/24hrs.
I am not exactly certain what you want your trend to do. It seems that you want your trend to start from scratch each 24 hours. If so, then you probably should not use the "historical" type of trend.

There are 5 types of trend to choose from: Real time (data from the trend file being saved NOW), Historical (continuous from when the trend was starting running), Oldest File (pulling data from oldest saved file data), Newest File(pulls data from the newest saved file), and Choose File, which lets you select the date and time for the file that you want to retrieve trend data. When you want your trend data to start over every 24 hours, you probably need to change up your "Data Log Setup, File Management" to Start New Files: "Periodic" and "Daily (Change at Midnight).

It seems that "Real Time" or "Newest File" might be what you want to use to display your trend. It is true that you can use Visual Basic macro programs withing RSView to control the starting and stopping of each trend file, so that you could create a new one every 24 hours. (1) This will result in about 30 trend files every month, unless you delete the old one before you start making the new one. (2) Trends are most valuable when comparing long term changes in a varaiable. A one-day trend would not seem to be very useful for most purposes. Those reasons and others are why most of us (and apparently your programmer also) just use the historical type of trend.

RSView32 Trend Set-up.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Lancie1, Thanks for your feedback.
I'm using TrendX extension program for RSView32, looks like your using the inbuilt Trend. Not sure which is better - Personally I think TrendX.

I have the log files configured for - Start New Files: "Periodic" and "Daily (Change at Midnight)".

Perhaps I'll try the standard trend and "Newest File"(pulls data from the newest saved file) and keep the datalog as detailed above.

The one day trend is the efault to open I have other buttons on the screen that lets you load other perioed 3 days, 7 days, 14 days, 1 month etcand have the ability to turn on and off other pens that show KW data from other areas for comparison.

but all of these set the trend to start form the current time the trend is opened and populate backwards for that period. not select a 00:00hrs point.

Attached is a sample - see how the time the trend the opened / current time is used - 08:51 and then how the X axis divisions (set to separate into 7 days don't nicely separate into complete individual days.

need the trend to populate form 00:00hrs to get it looking right and easy to read.

Trend Sample.jpg

Hi I'm new here,I Know this post is old but I'm having problems with rsview Trends, the trends is given in historical mode by a datalog, so, the problem is that the date of trends have changed to a date in the future, I mean the date had to change from March 23th to March 24th, and the date changed to December 24th.

I appreciate if you take a time for me and take me a hand