RSView32 TrendX failed to update the registry

Compass

Hello,

I have one computer where the trends fail to create a history log. The first time you open a trend ( on project load ) it says "failed to update system registry" try using registry edit.

The same project works fine on a different computer, and I've reinstalled rsview, trendX, and RSLinx.

In sharing and security permissions I made the project full control for everyone and run as administrator for all users.

This is a remote computer. I need permission to work on it and already tied it up for a good while. I don't want to bother anyone again unless I have a good idea how to fix the problem.

On opening the admin login, it complains about a missing .dll with an absurdly long numerical name. I'd like to try running system file checking, but again it's a remote computer, and I can't instert an OS disk.

This is windows XP with RSView32 and RSLinx classic.

That's enough rambling.
The problem is that datalogs won't create history.
The error message is "failed to update system registry try usings rededit."
Pleas advise.