RSView upgrade no trending

bradal

Hello All,

I recently upgraded from an older version of RSView and copied over the old Datalog files. Now when I open a trend screen it tries forever to retrieve historical data files. When I go to the properties of the trend and try to add a pen, no historical tag group is recognized. The data log files are set-up etc. I am using the Datalogon command on the start-up script.

Any help would be great thanks.

Forget about the trending for a moment....

Is the Datalogger working? Are you getting fresh data that you can open and verify in a spreadsheet or database app? If not, troubleshoot your datalog model settings.

If so, how is the Trend configured as far as Historical. If I recall there is an option for oldest, newest, or a specific file. I don't recall the exact wording though.

Can you tell it to look for the newest data and then see the data you just logged?

Now, what about the oldest data?

Also, what previous version of RSView32 were you using? If I recall, prior to version 6.0 used a different datalog format. You might need to rearrange the data in the data logs.

OG

Are you using TrendX?

If so then you might have an older version of the active X control embedded in your screen. Delete the TrendX object from your screen and then redraw it and reconfigure it.