Can not connect a PG to a S7-200 PLC.

Gromit

Hello.

I received a Simatic PG with c CP 5611 built-in and a 5m MPI cable.
I can not establish a communication between the PG and a S7-200 CPU /with two RS485 ports/.
The communication settings are:
Adress
Local: 0
Remote: 2

On the right side:
CP 5611(PPI)
Adress: 0
"Double click to refresh"

Interface: CP 5611 (PPI)
Protocol: PPI
Mode: 11 bit
Highest station: 31
Baud rate: 9.6 kbps

When I try to connect to the PLC I get a message for invalid adress or port (I can't remember exactly).
I tried to change "Remote" to 0, 1, 2 with no success.
What is the problem?

Regards.

Freeport mode

Gromit-
Try stopping the PLC (move the switch from run to stop) and see if you can get online. If there is a program that is set to do freeport mode you may not be able to access when the PLC is running. Also try a different baud rate than 9.6 like 19.2 or 38.4 if there is a program in there it may have been increased. If this is a "clean" out of the box 200 than it should be 9.6 and address of 2 and then I would start looking at my 5611 card - are you running any other siemens software in the background that might be highjacking the card?? Just some ideas.

Also try changing your 5611's address to 13 or some other number just in case your PLC is 0.

Last edited: