New to Siemens, trying to connect to s7-1200

RedwingRazor

Hello,

I am very new to Siemens but have been doing AB for many years. I don't have the information I probably need but here's the story. I have a laptop connected to a CP 1243-1 Telecontrol module via ethernet cable. Don't have a clue what the IP address is. There is a program in the S7-1200 it is connected to. I just want to connect and blowout the program that's in there and download a new program. Using TIA Portal v15.1

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Connect an ethernet cable to the PLC ethernet jack, grab TIA portal, and it should be able to find the PLC when you try to upload the new program, if not, give the PLC a new IP using Proneta.

Are you directly connected, or are you actually using the telecontrol capabilities?

I'm not familiar with the specifics of telecontrol.

If you're local, you should be able to browse as part of the download process. It will pull up the available devices, show you the IP, device name, etc. You'll have the opportunity to flash the LEDs as a double check that it's the device you want. If the IP subnets don't match up between the PLC and your laptop, Portal can automatically give you an extra IP.

Note that if your new program changes the IP address, the DL will error out halfway through because of the change. you'll have to go through the whole process again (re-detect at new IP, download, etc) but it should finish the 2nd time.