Siemens S7/TIA v16: WinCC: Trying to assign a SAVE icon to an F-key...

Mas01

On my HMI-1200, I'm trying to assign the image of a floppy disk ("save" icon) to a function key.

I couldn't find one in the default drop-down list (there was things like, right arrow, down arrow, etc) but no SAVE icon.

So I created one and imported it as .PNG.

It appears on the WinCC screen page (albeit slightly squashed - see pic).
But when I download to the HMI, the image does not show up - as though the imported image is not recognised.

Is there a Save Icon built into TIA portal somewhere that I can use? Thanks

SAVE icon imported.png

don't know the later HMI's but I would just use text on the button, simple informative & often use a text field above a button if more information is required i.e. "Save Parameters".
I have had problems like this, sometimes you have to update things like libraries ^& download them to the HMI.

Other reasons can be the bitmap or what ever is not a format recognised by the HMI, you need to import it into the library so it is downloaded to the HMI, what i did on one system is take an existing icon into paint, then using the bitmap just drew it so it was the same size, type & had invisible border etc. could be a number of reasons it is not displaying.

Cheers - for now, I'll take your pragmatic approach and use Text instead of an image.

I'm finding that PLC programming is a double-edged sword...there's the code (which, in reality, very few people will see) & then there's the HMI which is open to criticism from everyone! :).

Weird, but if there is no event function associated with the F key, the image is not displayed. I added a function (to activate a screen) and the image was then visible.

Weird, but if there is no event function associated with the F key, the image is not displayed. I added a function (to activate a screen) and the image was then visible.
You're absolutely right.
I just added an event linked to the F-key, downloaded to the HMI and now the SAVE icon is being displayed...it's still a bit squashed, but at least it's working.
Cheers

SAVE icon working.png IMG_20230705_115229.jpg