Siemens S7/TIA v16: Monitored values don't match...why?

Mas01

In OB1, I'm monitoring some values (first pic). The values are what I expect.

At the same time, I'm monitoring the same values in the DB where they are written to, but instead of seeing the values, I see "????" (second pic)

Does anyone know why these do not match?

Thanks

monitored values are good.png monitored values are bad.png

In OB1, I'm monitoring some values (first pic). The values are what I expect.

At the same time, I'm monitoring the same values in the DB where they are written to, but instead of seeing the values, I see "????" (second pic)

Does anyone know why these do not match?

Thanks

UPDATE:
In case it helps someone in the future, I clicked inside one of the pink cells and a message tells me that "the maximum number of monitoring operations permitted has been reached".

I tested this by adding another tag to the list to monitor it and it also appeared with "????" next to it.

I originally thought that the "???" meant the PLC did not know the value of the tag...this is not the case - the PLC has just reached a limit and will not display the monitored value.

in case it's useful.png

Last edited: