Siemens S7/TIA v16: "Overwrite if object exists online?" HMI loading message...

Mas01

Siemens S7/TIA v16: "Overwrite if object exists online?" HMI loading message...

Thus far, I've just been ticking this box, just to get the HMI loaded.

Is this a normal warning and nothing to worry about?

I'm not sure what it means, to be honest. See picture

Thanks

Overwrite admin data on HMI.png

At a guess, I think this means overwrite things like settings & passwords etc. so should not be a problem probably just takes a little longer, not clicking it may just overwrite the objects like screens etc. Not sure but that is my guess.

At a guess, I think this means overwrite things like settings & passwords etc. so should not be a problem probably just takes a little longer, not clicking it may just overwrite the objects like screens etc. Not sure but that is my guess.

OK cheers for this. (y)

The dialog will tell you what it wants to overwrite.
In this case it is the user administration. Meaning, if the end-user has changed the user administration, these changes will be lost.
So, if your are downloading remotely, you should chose to NOT overwrite.

The dialog will tell you what it wants to overwrite.
In this case it is the user administration. Meaning, if the end-user has changed the user administration, these changes will be lost.
So, if your are downloading remotely, you should chose to NOT overwrite.

Okay understood, many thanks 👍