IAI Robocylinders

PLC Gremlin

Has anyone had any experience with these IAI robocylinders?
Im going to use a few of these in replace of air cylinders on a project and wondered if anyone had any bad or good comments or tips to share...Oh, im using the RCP2 controllers.

I went to the class and got the free Robocylinder.(a small one)
Truthfully I haven't found a use for it yet, but I will.
As for IAI actuators I have used lots of them and they are bulletproof.
The Robocylinder seems to be built the same way.
Keep us updated.

I just finished a project using six RoboCylinders on three different stations. I found them to be very easy to use and program. There are several different ways that you can setup the interface to the controller depending on what you need. For the cost the Robocyclinder is a very dependable and versatile.

I just finished the project using 2 robocylinders as a pick and place.They are extremely easy to program and operate.You set up your positions in the controller in a spreadsheet format which is very simple. No tuning required,... The software knows the max accels and speeds from the controller your connected to. Toggle the Program Sel Bits from the PLC and hit the Start bit and they take off.
We did run into an issue with the E-Stop circuit that threw us for a loop.We wired the power circuit for each through seperate breakers. When we would take power off the EMG (E-stop) Pin, they would E-stop which is good, but if while they were e-stopped, we would shut off one of the breakers to kill power to one of them, The other one would not respond to the E-stop condition. It is hard to explain but we could not fix it and had to run both of them through the same breaker so that one could not go off without the other...