Electrical Interference

averellen

Got a question about interference.
I have an AB servo drive that periodically moves when not commanded.
I've tried everything I can think of so far.
Changed the motor and controller with a spare.
Added limit switches to try and control action.
Been through the program what seems to be hundreds of times to see if there is a bug.
Last thing that comes to might is interference from the power cables that a 75hp hydraulic motor is connected to in the cell.
The control wires from the servo run very close in parallel with each other. Not sure why it was done like that.
Seems the servo moves only when the hydraulic press decompresses.
Any one experience something like this?

BTW. We didn't have any issues until we got some company to move the cell within the plant.

Thanks

Adam

averellen said:
Last thing that comes to might is interference from the power cables that a 75hp hydraulic motor is connected to in the cell.
The control wires from the servo run very close in parallel with each other. Not sure why it was done like that.
Seems the servo moves only when the hydraulic press decompresses.

BTW. We didn't have any issues until we got some company to move the cell within the plant.

Adam

Sure seems like noise to me.
I would try to move the servo wires so they are farther away or cross the motor wires at 90 degree angles.

Try to remember what the wire layout was before the cell was moved. I think you are on to it there.