Somthing is wrong cant understand what/why?

briana banks

Hi All

Using RSView32 with RSTrendX (CPR 7).
I added the placeholder #1 as a pen.
i call the display (that contains the RSTrendX object) with the appropriate tag each time
It seems that it doesnt recognize the placeholder.

Am i using the right object?

Thank you

TrendX is an activeX component on the display, which is not the same as an RSView object on the display. Tag placeholders aren't passed to the active X components. You can create a VB script to change the tagname for pen #1 and run the VBScript after the display opens.

Unlike RSViewSE, RSView32 uses a project wide VB file (which IMO Rockwell erred when the removed that for SE). Create a VB routine in the project. Then under window properties configure it to run a macro script when the window opens. In the macro script you would put two lines. The first is a pause, to give the ocx time to load and initialize, then vbexec the vb routine you wrote.

Set the command for the button to VBAEXEC SUBROUTINENAME.

I usually set it as the button release command rather than a button press command so that way the operator can cancel by dragging off the button.