Intouch 7.11 Read Error

gizmo

This is not really a PLC related question, but this site seems to be good with all types of questions.

When I attempt to open an Intouch 7.11 application, I get the following popup dialog boxes:

-- "READ ERROR" (the title of the dialog box reads "Problem Reading Tagnam...")

I click OK and get the next box.

-- DB cannot be loaded. Are database files ready only? or user has read-only access? Exiting WindowMaker.

I click OK and get the next box.

-- Database initialization failure. It may be necessary to restart Windows before starting WindowMaker again.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. What kind of database files (give me a filename example) do I need to look for to see if they are read-only?

Thanks!

I had a similar problem opening an Intouch application. I'm working from my memory but I am sure the error messages were the same.

The problem was the license file was not installed on the computer I was using.

I installed the license and the application opened OK.

The other thing that can give you this problem is if you are trying to open the application from a CD. If you copy it to your hard drive don't forget to change the attribites of all the files from read-only. This has caught me out on a couple of occasions. :D

Follow Up

Thanks Nick,

I copied files from CD to Harddrive and only removed "read only" on the tagname and db files. I selected all files in the directory and removed "read only" and I'm back in business.

Thanks Again!