Tic tac toe with Telemecanique PLC :)

hmarius

I've spend this weekend writing a demo for a touch screen interface. I've implemented a tic tac toe game using as a starting point a very nice written javascript example from http://ostermiller.org/calc/tictactoe.html

Run the project in simulator mode, look at the screen section and don't forget to press F7 to enable variable write.

I coded the project for a Telemecanique TSXP57 PLC using Unity Pro and structured text. I hope that in the future, other peoples will post small snippets of code or projects with Unity Pro. Beside the two standard examples given with the Unity setup kit I couldn't find not even a small sample project anywhere on the internet.

Have fun :)

Say, uuhhh, hmarius...

What exactly is a ".XEF" file-type?

You reckon all of us non-Tech-Mechs can read it?

Try posting again with a PDF file.

XEF file

Hi Terry,

The .xef file can be loaded with Unity pro from Telemecanique(File/Open/*.xef ... ). I can't post a .pdf because the program contains a lots of subroutines and in this way it is difficul to list and not very usefull.

You create a pdf by priniting a report of the program etc, I thought all plc software had this ability. All the subroutines etc should be shown.

Printing

Interesting I can't find any way to list a report or something that will contain all project files and settings. I can list subroutine by subroutine but I can't list all project with one command. I use Unity Pro XL 2.1, am I missing something or it's not possible?

I am using version 2.2 and in the project browser you a a folder called documentation, were you can print the whole documentation for the project in a PDF file if you have a PDF writer.

hmarius, thanks for amusing game.
There were some troubles when I tried to import your source using Unity Pro 2.0. Just because it doesn't have ***_TO_UINT functions :)
I replaced them by existing functions and your enjoyed your game.

Tic Tac Toe

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the game :) For another free weekend I'm thinking about a ping pong style game 🤾
The Unity have indeed a very nice simulator.

About the 2.0 version I just receive an update for the 2.3 one. I also heard rummors about a 3.0 version... Anyone here have any info on that?