Flex I/O or Similiar Wiring Solutions for AB PLC's

PLC Gremlin

I am looking for a wiring solution for AB PLC's.
We use Micrologix 1500 LRP's most of the time but also use SLC'c some.
I have looked at the 1794 FLex I/O but can not determine if it will work on Ethernet with the MicroLogix or even the SLC. I have seen references to the ControlLogix line but thats it.
Will it work or is there any other good solutions available. My main goal is to eliminate wiring in the Main control Cabinets and distribute the I/O connection points out to the machines in multiple junctrion boxes.I would rather stay with Ethernet to keep one common network for PLC, HMI, Data acquisition, and hopefully I/O...

No, 1794-AENT ethernet i/o will work only with logix platform: ControlLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix.

And with Logix you will have to separate Ethernet I/O from HMIs and company information network.

Quote "And with Logix you will have to separate Ethernet I/O from HMIs and company information network"
Not a must but can be very desirable, especially the company information network.
Regards Alan Case

Why would i want to seperate the point i/o from the hmi's?

My current setup there is no connection to company network but there are some to hmi's