input parameters as argument to phase command

briana banks

Hi All

Using RSLogix 5k ver 15.

I've created few phases as follows
main
Phase:Cooling
Phase:Heating

In ver 15 you can call the pcmd command to start the phase.
How can call the phase routine with arguments ?
i.e. with input parameter in the routine.
for example if i want to call the heating function
with different setpoint (temperature) each time

Thanks

The input and output parameters are mainly used by RSBatch with the PXRQ and PRNP instructions. If you are controlling the phases from within the controllogix it would work easiest to use controler scoped tags for the parameters or if you are using an hmi that can read/write to program scoped tags, just write directly to the tags that are created in the program(phase)when you define the parameters.

Darren

Instead of calling the common routine directly for each phase use a subroutine that calls the the common subroutine and passes the correct arguments to it.