Panelview Pv550

CLEO3

I Haven't Used A Panel View Pv550 Before ,and I Just Added Another Multistate Indicator To A Screen .
The Tag Editor Is Set Up Okay And When I Validate I Get Validation Passed No Errors .
The States Are Set ,o -- Reads A Message , 1 --- Reads A Different
Message , But When This State Is One High The Screen Reads Error !
Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated .

Error is usually reserved for every state not listed in the multistate dropdown box. Take a look at your source word value and insure that no other bits in that word are high. (ie with the radix set for decimal. verify the word value is only 0 or 1 not any other number) If somewhere else in your program that integer is manipulated at the bit level, you will get an error.

Marc

As Marc correctly said, the "ERROR" state will show up, if your tag's value doesn't match an actual state in the list.

For discretes, that means you can only use a bit, and have it either false (0) or true (1). Are you trying to use a bit, but reading an entire word, which may have other bits set in it?

For complete types (INT/DINT), you must have a state for every possible value of the INT/DINT you are reading.

Another condition that will raise the ERROR state is if the tag cannot be read from the processor.

One way to get a clue, would but to put a simple test numeric display on the screen, using the same tag that you reference in the Multistate indicator, and see what it thinks it should be.

is your multistate indicator LBS ?.i think if my memory serves me correctly with the pv550 you have to have one state true at any one time so if you have no states true the "error" state which is the last state on the indicator will be true.

that's just off the top of my head and it is early

panel view ,problem fixed but not solved

I still had a problem with my multi state indicator , where the first state ( off ) caused the problem .
I tried the above Idears to my question , and filled in all the
states but this still caused a problem with the " 0 " state .
All the other states worked fine , I checked the program " bits "
in Decimal values in radix but still had no joy these seemed okay .
I decided to change the multistate indicator to a message display
with the same settings and this worked " fine " .
Sorry I took so long to get back ,your Idears were much appriciated
and I have learnt a few more things about panel views .
The Input on this forum is helpfull for us beginners trying to learn more about the PLC's .
cheers people !