Cntr Accumulator Value in RSLogix500

anks

Hi,

I am using SLC500/ RSLogix500 and put a up-counter in my ladder logic, now I would like to know the accumulator value of the counter whenever it counts up to a higher value, how can I do that?

Thanks

Are you trying to display this value on an HMI? or just trying to alert an operator?

I would move the acc value to another location, but compare it to the previous value before it gets moved. If they are different, it probably went up, if they are the same, it did not.

Does this help?

Eric

I am trying to use that to control my sequence of operation in my ladder logic, yeah how can i move the accumulated value to a different location, say i m using C5:0 counter, now i tried to move accumulator value by using move instruction source C5:0 & it says u need to put a word address, so my Q is what is the word address for the accumulator for counter C5:0, like for automnation direct DL405 i can directly compare by using CTA0 for counter CT0 or in proworx i can compare the register value using test instruction.

thanks

The Accumulated value of counter C5:0 is C5:0.ACC or C5:0.2 The Preset for C5:0 is C5:0.PRE or C5:0.1 (Either method of addressing is valid) As far as Accumulated and Preset the timers have an equivalent structure.

Thanks Bernie, that helped a lot, I spent almost 2 hrs just to find how can I play with the counter accumulator value, was not able to find in the instruction help either.