A-B Versa View

aisystems

Does anyone know for sure if I can add a controlnet adaptor (1784-PKTCS) to a Vers View panel mount industrial PC? I know you can add controlnet adaptors to the PanelView Plus and VersaView CE Operator Interface terminals but no where does it tell me if you can add these to the VersaView Industrial PC.

The part number you want is the 1784-PCICS.

1784-PCIC has messaging-only capability and is used for RSLinx applications with RSNetworx for ControlNet or RSView.

1784-PCICS has ControlNet scanner capability and is most often used as a SoftLogix 5800 ControlNet interface.

If you buy a new one it will be a Series B card, which has a "Universal PCI" interface that supports 5v and 3.3v PCI interfaces. Current Rockwell industrial PC's will support Series A and Series B ControlNet cards.

Thank you - I'll loom into the PCICS. I asked my distributor if I had the right module and they said yes but I know from experience they're only correct maybe 60% of the time. I plan on using one master VersaView to communicate with the ControlLogix via ControlNet and approx. 5 others to mimic the master using RSView Active Display Server via Ethernet. DO you see any problems with this?