rsview 32 versa 1500p hmi freezes

stu

hi guy
I have an issue with my versa 1500p computer hmi freezing its rsview32 and connected to a compactlogix , it only freezes when I plug in our laptop, the ip addresses are all different and set on the same net work, any ideas on what to look for first thanks stu

Open RSView32 Works, then in Edit Mode, go to the System tree menu, and check the driver settings for "Channel" and "Node". Under Channel, you must have a valid Primary Communications Driver selected, and under Node, all the setings (Name, Enabled, Channel, Station, and Type must be correct. Switching computers (to one that has a different comm driver setup), but using the same RSView program, may cause RSView not to be able to connect to the PLC. (See attached picture).

RSview32 Works System Drivers.JPG

Exactly what do you mean by "freezes" ?

My guess is that you mean that RSView32 becomes unresponsive to user input and ceases to update process data.

You might mean "the whole computer stops responding to user input", or that "the computer slows down dramatically", or that "RSView32 stops displaying process data but other programs respond normally".

Is your laptop plugged into the same Ethernet switch as the VersaView PC, or are they connected in some other way ?

Is the laptop running on battery power or plugged into the wall ?

Does the laptop continue to run normally ?

Does the CompactLogix continue to run normally ?

Does the VersaView return to normal operation when you unplug the laptop ?

How long has this VersaView been in service ? Have you made any recent changes to the VersaView or the software running on it ?