A&B/TSX and howto send sms

Loordi100n

Hi all..
Iam using A&B (slc500) and/or TSX (micro/premium) and need to send sms when an alarm is triggered.
1. Can it be done directly from I/O (i.e I1.0 -> can memory bit, done with programming, surely). But without any PC/SCADA/HMI/OPC/etc. Kinda "hardwired" way..???

2. If HMI/SCADA is in use???

Thanks in advance...heil PLC :)

You can quite easily send SMS messages directly from the PLC.

Connect a GSM modem to CH0 of the SLC (i'm assuming you're using a 5/03 or higher) - use the AWT command within Logix500 to send the necessary AT commands to the modem as ascii characters (i.e. AT+CMGS etc) via STRING registers.

If you search the forum, you'll find sample code (i've posted a bit myself...)

Hope this helps! (y)

Rob.