Hakko V6 HMI screens

timbo_uk

I see somebody had used these HMI units before. I will be honest and say I have never written an HMI before, allthough done a fair bit with plcs themselves. I am struggling to get my head round trying to program the unit with the latest (V3) programming software. Has anyone any examples of programs interfacing to an S7-300? Basically I want to use the unit (V606eC) primeraly as a fault logger monitoring approx 40 fault flags, and secondly 10 inputs for push buttons. These buttons under normal operation are never pressed, so we need to know if they are. The menu needs to be passworded for access.
I have done a little with the software so far and used the password wizard in the V3 software, but I cannot get a screen jump out from it.
Some thinks I am not sure of is when should I use screens, when should I use overlaps? Also when I try to put a flag of (eg) M111.0 into the software as a trigger it says must be decimal.

Also I cannot seem to delete a screen, but the memory map still seems to be aloocated even after deleting all items on the particular screen.

Hope this makes sense to somebody here!!

Sorry to bump it up again, I was hoping for a little advice beore getting to work today :(

I have just had a look round the Hakko site, and the V3 software I got from the distributor is not up there yet, compared to the V2 I also got it seems much nicer. Anyone else using V3 ???

Last edited:
I've only had to use Hakko one time and the software package was V-SFT V6 with a DL06 (automation Direct) PLC. I found the English to Japanese translation of the software and manual to be pretty bad, but once you understand what is going on I found if fairly easy to use.

Honestly the Hakko manual books had a nice little walkthrough with how to set up your screens, use lamps (multi-state indicators) and pushbuttons. I used these as reference when developing my HMI.

When programming HMI do the basic things that you think make most sense.

1. Keep it simple and straightforward.
2. Make it user-friendly from an operator or maintenance personnel POV.
3. Make sure future programmers (or yourself) can easily understand how your screens operate.
4. Make everything readable - don't use tiny fonts or abbreviations no one can read or understand.

Do a search for HMI practices in the forum. There are a lot of people with good ideas for setting up HMI screens. Use what tips and tricks make most sense to you and your application. I've just given some "tip of the iceberg" ideas.

I am looking to use a 606 model for the logging, do you think I am correct in thinking that data stored on the HMI itself will be lost on power off, unless I store on a memory card???

I believe if the HMI loses power the internal memory is not retained. You would need to log the data to a memory card and not internal memory. I never used the alarm logging function so I can't really give you any insight on how to set that up.

The V606e has 128 KB of SRAM that can be used to store rentative data. You can configure the buffering area to store log data there instead of the internal buffer (which is flash RAM).