Cp5611 To Segment Couple Without Cpu

teh

Supporting Member
HI FOLKS,

Is that possible that the CP5611 Communicate with DP/PA link and Segment Couple without any Simatic CPU?

Regards

Yes, I think so.

You need Simatic Softnet PB S7.
With this you can setup a "PC station" that communicates with a Profibus DP network that in turn connects to a Profibus PA network via a DP/PA coupler.
Via the "PC station" you can then access the network via OPC for example.
I dont know so much about the PA stuff though. But I just tried to setup a network with Profibus DP --> DP/PA coupler --> Profibus PA, and it was quite easy.

Similar Topics

So I am working on a machine where the PC has died. The PC was running Windows XP, Protool RT, Step7 V5.3, SimoComU and other software. The...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some help!! Siemens Simatic Net 2006 cp5611 has been discontinued, I have a PC with a dodgy hard drive so looking to do a new install...
Replies
Views
Hi! I must communicate two CP5611(master-master) cards trought PROFIBUS ,but i have to use different driver than STEP7. I just found a citect...
Replies
Views
Hi, I`m looking for purchase a CP5611 (6GK1561-1AA01). Siemens has stopped selling it, only if you have already they can sell it as spare...
Replies
Views
The Siemens Simatic CP 5611 does not start on a VMware virtual machine, with Windows XP SP3, installed on a Field PG M3. It gives an error: "...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom