Driver for CP5611

Sheldo

Hi!

I must communicate two CP5611(master-master) cards trought PROFIBUS ,but i have to use different driver than STEP7.
I just found a citect driver but in the documentation there is nothing about support for these cards.
Someone might recommend some working driver ?o_O

For Citect, you need to have to have the Siemens software "Simatic Softnet PB S7".
Also, you can only have one CP5611 card in one PC.
And, these cards are quite old now. As far as I remember it is version A1 that is the most recent and which supports PCI 66MHz. The older cards without A1 only support PCI 33 MHz.
And "PCI" is PCI, not PCI-express.

If you search on this forum you will find some old threads about how to use Siemens with Citect.
It may be that Citect has changed their support for Siemens so I would try co contact them. Maybe they only support via OPC, which also means you need Simatc Softnet PB S7 for the abovementioned cards.

Thank you for fast answer. I know that this card is old now, but i must use it in school and that I can have only one card in one pc. Also I saw threads about Simens + Citect. I thought that I can use only driver 'x' without siemens software ;/