RSLinx Freezes Using USB Driver

patrickmoneyy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. My rslinx freezes for several minutes each time a USB device is browsed. I thought I was freezing indefinitely, but disabling autobrowse made it to where it only freezes when I click on the device in the VBP or USB driver. As soon as I unplug from the device my rslinx unfreezes

So far I have tried deleting the VBP driver and restarting my computer and it had no effect.
I have observed the same behavior on a L71, L24, and a EN2DNR.

Rslinx classic lite V4.31
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 22H2
Dell Precision 7550

My other workstation running rslinx classic lite 4.20 freezes for about 10 seconds when I click on the device under the USB driver, but behaves normally using the VBP driver.

I just want my main workstation to have a usable USB driver. I've managed to not use it for two years because my bootp (thankfully) works consistently, but I like to have options.

Any suggestions would be appreciated 🙏

Did you try using a different USB cable?
Is this a laptop? if so, can you try using a USB hub with external power, in case the laptop does not supply enough power.
I always try to rule out the physical layer first. Good luck.

Figured it out. Deleted those notorious harmony files and now it works flawlessly without freezing. Should've figured it would be the common problem, I just couldn't find these exact symptoms cited.