Dual Core

lhughes39

I know this was talked about recently in the below thread, but my company is looking to by a new laptop for use with Siemens PLC, Protool Pro and Win CC. Is anybody out there using a dual core laptop with these three programs currently? If so could you let me know of any problems you have had. I do not want to buy a new dual core if we will have problems, but I do not want to buy the older out of date CPU if I can use the newer Dual core. Any feed back is appreciated.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=24459

If you are using CP5511 for communication to PLC's and panels you will have to change them to CP5512. I've found Siemen note that CP5511 and 5611 are not designated for use with multiprocessor systems (including systems with HT CPU's, if HT is enabled).