RSView32 and RSLogix5000

shaarawi1984

Hi, I use RSView32 to draw desired pages for a project, and make the required ladder diagram using RSLogix 5000, but I don't know what the right side in the ladder diagram should be to connect the input side with RSView32? or what is the next step to get a complete project?

Shaarawi,

The right side (outputs) have only 1 connection with RSview32. In RSView you must create a Tag for each Output, giving RSView the memory address of the Outputs (and the Inputs also). The connection between the two programs, the PLC program and the RSView program, is done mainly with the Tag Database.

Hello Lancie1;

Incase if we have an ethernet module which is between the PLC and the control computer -which has RSview 32-, what is the required function should I use in RSLogix 5000 to send the data from the PLC to RSView 32 computer via ethernet?

If you are using CLx then you need Rs linx classic or enterprise with OPC topic configured, if you are using SLC, MICRO or PLC-5 you can configure as direct driver linking the driver from rslinx

In this project I gave RSLinx program, but is this a specific function to be used in the right side of ladder diagram in RSLogix 5000, or just represent the output as a normal output,-(O)-, with a tag?

The project in the PLC is written to control the end device. Provisions may also be made to accumulate useful information (for example - number of units made). Locations may also be reserved that are intended to receive information from the operator by using the display. At that point the PLC program's responsibility ends.

The Panelview, under direction of its program, will request from the PLC (via the communication link) the status of the items in the program and will write the operator's modifications (for example - Start, Stop, Number of Units To Produce). The Panelview is the originator of the communication. The PLC program only makes the information available.

When writing the RSView32 program it is easiest if the PLC with the control program loaded is connected via the communication link to your PC. Then, when the source or target of an item on the target PLC is defined (this definition is called the 'Tag'), the actual PLC can be scanned and the exact name retrieved from it.

In this project I gave RSLinx program, but is this a specific function to be used in the right side of ladder diagram in RSLogix 5000, or just represent the output as a normal output,-(O)-, with a tag?
Just represent the output as a normal output in the PLC program. In RSView, set up a TAG that has its address the same as the PLC Output. Then RSview will go look in the PLC and get the value of that Tag (provided that you have set up the communications drivers - see below).

In RSView, you must also configure the Channel and Node. To do this, in RSview Works, click the "System" menu, then "Channel". Set up the ethernet communications driver between your PLC and the RSView computer. Then go to "Node", and pick the Channel that you just configured. This allows RSView to go look in the PLC and get all the TAG values.

Hi,
Last messages make the idea more clear, now I am understanding the role of RSView32, and RSLogix5000, and I need to know the role of RSLinx in the operation if you could help me.

Thanks a lot

Hi,
Also incase we have analog input to the PLC and we have ethernet communication, is there a special procedure in the RSLogix5000, or in the RSView (may be in expression section when programming the desired indicator or level).
Let us assume that we have a tank and we would see its level in computer, then we have an analog input with respect to the PLC from the tank, and we should use ethernet communication to view the corresponding value on the screen using RSView32. Does the procedure change in this case compared with digital signals?

Thanks a lot