Import Tags of RSview32 into Rslogix5000

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but the way I would approach this is:

Open RSView32 and export tag database to CSV

Open your RSLogix program and create dummy tags of each type of RSView32 tag you expect to import (DINT, INT, BOOL, REAL, etc).

Export Rslogix tag database to CSV

Open both CSV's in Excel and copy/paste the info from RSView32 to the format that RSLogix5000 used. You'll probably have to move columns around and create missing fields.

Once done, import RSLogix CSV back into program

I do this all the time with Wondeware/RSLogix5000...never had the occassion to do it on RSView32 into Logix 5000...only the other way around.

Similar Topics

merry christmas eveybody here~! in my memory,there should be some way to import tags from rslogix5k to rsview32 in batches.as i know,the simplest...
Replies
Views
Good day colleagues, I have a problem with a plc slc 5 since I export the tags to my factory program to load them into a panel view 1000 plus 6...
Replies
Views
I am very familiar with Studio 5000 PLC programming. And I'm very familiar with C-More HMI programming. But this is my first time using a C-More...
Replies
Views
I know tags can be im/exported from/to an L5K. Wondering if IO tags (Local:1:I) can be overwritten in the same way. For example, if I have an L5K...
Replies
Views
Today I'm working with a MicroLogix 1400. I don't have the .rss file since we did not program the system. I was able to get the FactoryTalk file...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom