Logix 5000 Tag Import : Local Tags

AMarks95

I know tags can be im/exported from/to an L5K. Wondering if IO tags (Local:1:I) can be overwritten in the same way.

For example, if I have an L5K file generated that contains the descriptions of the local IO, can I import that file to basically auto-fill the descriptions of the IO?

I've noticed the local IO tags are not included in an L5K export, so this may not be possible. Just trying to get rid of the manual typing of IO descriptions. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Yes you can include descriptions for Local tags. The local tags don't need to be included in the L5K as they would just needlessly increase the size of the file since they are automatically generated as part of the import.

Go into the .ACD and create a description for a local tag. Then when you do the export you can open the L5K to view the format for that local tag description. Then you can add more as needed directly into the L5K.

OG